The floor is the inside lower horizontal surface as of a room, hallway, tent, or other structure. The flooring is the practice of applying finishes to the floor. This is for aesthetic value addition to the floor. There exist very many types of floors according to the method of building and the materials used. Some flooring types include carpet, resilient flooring and area rugs. Resilient flooring includes vinyl and linoleum. The materials mostly used for the flooring include wood, ceramic tiles terrazzo, stone, chemical type floor coatings and regular paint.
What are subfloors?
The subfloor is the floor structure supporting and underlying the visible flooring or another finishing surface such as a carpet. This is the word used in construction to refer to the floor before any coatings are applied on top. The subfloors usually provide the support to the flooring or finishing. In the past days, the subfloors used to remain that way. The use of flooring was not a common practice. There exist some other particular types of subfloors. These include floating floors, sprung floors and raised floors. These can be laid on other underlying subfloors that primary roles are to give structural strength.
There are many materials that can be used for the flooring. This is because the main purpose is aesthetics and not structural. Weak materials regarding strength are the best to be used in flooring. The choice of the material to choose is to the user. The choice is affected by some factors. These include;
- – This is the amount of money that the discount tiles Vancouver will cost the user. The wealthy can easily afford many or even all types of coatings. Some are very expensive, and others are average.
- Noise insulation – this is the amount of noise wave they can absorb off the building. It also includes the amount of noise these coverings produce when stepped on. Some are very noisy and being so means they can absorb minimal sound waves. Some others like the carpeting are quiet and efficient for noise insulation.
- – The entire purpose of the coverings is the user comfort. If the user is given this to the maximum by a particular material type, he/she should consider it.
- – This is the lifetime of the flooring Some will undergo wear and tear within a short duration. Others, however, are long-lasting.
- Cleaning – the main purpose of floor finishes is the beauty of the room. The beauty should, therefore, be messed with by dirty floor coverings. Some are tough when it comes to cleaning.
Maintenance of flooring
The floor coverings require constant care and frequent cleaning to ensure that the room remain descent and clean.